This 21st International Conference on Descriptional Complexity of Formal Systems is organized by the Košice branch of the Mathematical Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences.
The first workshop DCAGRS was held in Magdeburg, Germany, on July 20-23, 1999. The first workshop FDSR was held in Paderborn, Germany, on November 3, 1998. In 2002, the two workshops were merged to DCFS. Since 2016, DCFS is a conference. Some past editions are listed here:
- DCFS 2018, Halifax, Canada, July 25-27, 2018
- DCFS 2017, Milan, Italy, July 3-5, 2017
- DCFS 2016, Bucharest, Romania, July 5-8, 2016
- DCFS 2015, Waterloo, ON, Canada, June 25-27, 2015
- DCFS 2014, Turku, Finland, August 5-8, 2014
The general home website of the conference: http://www.informatik.uni-giessen.de/dcfs/
DCFS is supported by the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP), working group 1.2: Descriptional Complexity. Chairpersons of DCFS 2019 are Galina Jirásková and Stavros Konstantinidis.